Paytm is India’s leading digital finances services, e-commerce, and fintech company, offers online payments utility bills, recharges, booking, pharmacy, education, grocery, tolls, parking, etc. The Fintech company was founded by Vijay Shekhar in 2010, headquartered in Noida, UP. Paytm has more than 20 million merchants across India.
One97 Communications Ltd. is the owner of Paytm. Its products include Paytm Mall, Paytm Payments Bank, Paytm Money, Paytm Smart Retail, and Gamepad. The company provides services such as –
Payment Services – include online bill payments, money transfers, and mobile top-ups, amongst others.
Commerce and cloud services – include ticketing, travel, entertainment, food delivery, ride-hailing, gaming, and more.
Financial services – such as mobile banking, lending, insurance, and wealth management.
Paytm issues share worth ₹ 18,300 Crore in which fresh issue shares worth ₹ 8,300 crores and while the remaining ₹ 10,000 crores is an offer for sale from existing stakeholders of the company. You can apply to bid from 08 November to 10 November 2021.
Paytm IPO Details –
Paytm IPO Issue Size –
|Public Issue||Amount in INR|
|Total Issue Size||₹ 18,300 Crore|
|Fresh Issue||₹ 8,300 Crore|
|Offer for Sale||₹ 10,000 Crore|
Paytm IPO Lot Size –
|Minimum Lot – 1||6||₹ 12,900|
|Maximum Lot – 15||90||₹ 193,500|
The minimum lot size of Paytm IPO is 6 shares, and retail/individual investors can apply up to 15 lots (90 shares at an amount of ₹ 193,500).
Price Details –
|IPO Price||₹ 2080 to ₹ 2150 per equity share|
|Face Value||₹ 1 per equity share|
The company is looking for a valuation of around $19.3 – $19.9 billion in the IPO.
Paytm IPO Dates –
|IPO Open Date||08 Nov 2021|
|IPO Close Date||10 Nov 2021|
|IPO Allotment Date||15 Nov 2021|
|Amount Refund Date||16 Nov 2021|
|Shares credit to Demat Account||17 Nov 2021|
|IPO Listing Date||18 Nov 2021|
Shares Reserved for Category –
|Qualified International Buyer (QIB)||75 %|
|Non-institutional investors (NII)||15 %|
|Retail Investors (RI) / Individual||10 %|
Obejective of the Issue –
Paytm will utilize the net proceeds from the IPO for –
- Over Rs. 4,300 crores utilize the proceeds from the IPO towards growing and strengthening the Paytm ecosystem, involve customer and merchant acquistion and retention.
- Additional Rs. 2,000 crore will be used for investing in new business, acquistions, and strategic partnerships.
- General corporate purposes.
Paytm Financials –
The Indian Fintech company Paytm reported a loss of ₹ 382 crores in the financial year June 2021 over a loss of ₹ 284 crores in the previous year June. Revenue increases ₹ 949 Crores (in FY21) from ₹ 650 Crores (in FY20), the total assets of the company also decreases from ₹10,278 crores (in FY 2020) to ₹9,460 crore in FY2021.
Paytm Promotor and Management –
Paytm is a professionally managed company that does not have any identifiable promoter.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma – Founder and CEO, 14.67% shareholding in Paytm.
Shareholders and Shareholding –
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma – 14.67%
- Ant Group – 29.71%
- SoftBank Vision Fund – 19.63%
- SAIF Partners – 18.56%
- AGH – 7.18%
- Berkshire Hathaway – 2.76%
- Sharma Holding Company – 5%
Company Strengths –
- Paytm is India’s leading digital payment service platform.
- Paytm has tie-ups with more than 20 million merchants across India.
- Strong and experienced management team lead by company founder.
- Large number of customer base with total 333 million customers.
- Wide range of services available online.
Global Co-ordinators and Book Running Lead Managers
- HDFC Bank Ltd.
- Axis Capital Ltd.
- J.P. Morgan India Pvt. Ltd.
- Morgan Stanley India Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Goldman Sachs (India) Securities Pvt. Ltd.
- ICICI Securities Limited
- Citigroup Global Markets India Pvt. Ltd.
Paytm IPO Registrar –
Link Intime India Private Ltd.
Paytm IPO GMP Rates (Grey Market Premium)
Paytm IPO expected return is 50 %
The IPO of Multinational Technology Company Paytm proposed to be listed on BSE and NSE, and the company has received approval from BSE and NSE for the listing of the equity shares.
Paytm IPO Subscription Status –
Paytm IPO is subscribed – times on Nov 08, 2021.
|Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB)||_ 2.79|
|Non-Institutional Investors (NII)||_ 0.24|
|Retail Individual Investors (RII)||_ 1.66|